Important Fine Print
South African Experiences Trading (Pty) Ltd offer hospitality services direct to the public or on behalf of various suppliers. This results in unique contract terms with each respective service provider; including set cancellation terms. As such all reservations will have specified cancellation deadlines.
As a guest you are responsible for understanding this upon making a reservation on our site, and by booking you accept and agree to the terms of the cancellation policy which is displayed to you before confirming your booking. A cancellation deadline will be displayed for each booking. This date will be the date upon which refunds, in full or in part, will NOT be made, should you cancel after this date.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Confirmed reservations will only be made on receipt of a 50% deposit of the total cost together with a completed contract.
The Client, who signifies his acceptance of this booking, does so, on behalf of himself and the persons under his authority, which means that all are bound by the booking conditions as if they had individually made the application themselves. The bookings are made with South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited, and no person has any authority on its behalf to vary any of the terms and conditions, which are applicable. All legal disputes will be settled in a South African Court of Law.
- Note – Payment Terms are negotiable for large groups.
- The 50% Deposit paid on confirmation is non-refundable.
- The balance of the outstanding amount is due no later than 60 days prior to the Clients booking date and will be non-refundable unless cancelled by South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited.
- The client will be responsible for any and all expenses incurred as a result of late payment which impacts on the planning and preparation of the event.
- Should the booking take place within these 60 days, the full amount is due immediately upon receipt of Invoice.
- In the event however that the client cancels the booking after the deposit has been paid and before payment of the balance of the monies, the full amount will nevertheless still be due and South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited reserves the right to institute legal action to recover these funds.
- It should be noted and understood that South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited will not be held liable if bookings with suppliers are cancelled due to the non-payment of Invoices by the Client on the due date. Failure to pay by the due date, as stated on the Invoice, will result not only in cancellation of bookings but also in the forfeiture of any Deposits paid on behalf of the Client to various suppliers.
- This Agreement has been based on delegate numbers as provided by the Client, therefore kindly note the following:
- Should the numbers reduce; the package price will change accordingly.
- In the same respect a reduction in numbers after an initial deposit payment has been received or within the 60 days prior to the Clients booking date will constitute full cancellation penalties.
No refunds shall be made by South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited for any reason whatsoever and neither will it accept any claims of any nature including consequential damages as a result of any accommodation or other services made or becoming unavailable against this booking. The Client hereby indemnifies and holds South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited harmless in respect of any such claim.
Postponement of Event
Where possible, South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited will endeavour to postpone the event on behalf of the Client depending on availability of accommodation and other contracted services. This will constitute the full extent of South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited liability to the Client and persons under his authority.
- All additional extras/ programme enhancements/ experiences that are confirmed after the final payment is received before the event, need to be paid in full prior to the commencement of the event.
- All additional extras/ programme enhancements/ experiences confirmed during the event need to be settled in full within seven days immediately after completion of the event.
Alcohol and Beverages
- The client will nominate an authorised signatory who will be required to sign off an alcohol and beverage inventory before the commencement of the event.
- The Clients authorised signatory will be required to sign off a consumption inventory before leaving the site of the event.
- Payment of alcohol and beverages must be paid within seven working days after the event.
- Travel and Cancellation Insurance is recommended however it is the Client’s responsibility to arrange such insurance and to be satisfied that it covers their specific requirements.
- It is the client’s responsibility and decision to request the services of Paramedics on standby for the duration of the event/ camp/function which can be arranged at an additional cost.
Theft and Loss
All baggage and personal effects are at all times at the Clients risk and South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited cannot accept any liability for any loss of baggage or personal effects.
- The Client acknowledges being made aware of the proposed Itinerary and therefore the following is applicable:
- It is the Client’s obligation to ensure that he/ she is medically fit and able to embark upon such a trip or partake in activities as per the proposed Itinerary.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the necessary Medical Rescue Insurance is in place prior to the start of the booking.
- Malaria is a serious threat and should not be taken lightly and it is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the necessary precautions are taken.
Liability and Responsibility
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the highest standards of maintenance of all vehicles, boats and aircraft, a breakdown or delay could occur at any time, which is beyond the control of South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited.
- Any such problem will be rectified as soon as is humanly possible to do so under prevailing conditions. South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited and its agents, act as agents of the company or persons making the booking on all matters pertaining to transport whether by road, rail, aircraft, coach, boat or other means. The company shall not be held liable for death, injury, delay, loss or damage resulting from any cause and in any manner whatsoever. The “company” shall not be liable for any expenses arising from any of the above.
- Liability to passengers carried in any vehicle, aircraft or vessel owned by the “company” is governed by the laws of the country in which such safari/tour takes place, and all claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the course of action takes place.
- By signing this contract the Client hereby acknowledges that neither; South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited, its members, servants or agents shall be in any way liable for injury, loss or damage to person or property sustained howsoever arising, by your Client/party or any other person accompanying the trip/tour. South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited is hereby indemnified against all and any claims which may be made against it or any of its members of staff.
Other Liability and Responsibility
- Any sojourn into the wild may bring a Client into contact with wild animals, which must be considered dangerous.
- South African Experiences Trading Company PTY Limited does not hold itself responsible for death, injury or loss, which may occur.
- All Clients will be obliged to individually sign an Indemnity Form in this regard.
Site Inspection Policy
- Inspection visits will be arranged at the Client’s request.
- All costs pertaining to the Inspection visit will be for the Clients account.
South African Experiences Trading Company (PTY) Limited reserves the right to utilise any photographs taken during the trip/tour for any future advertising / promotional purposes.
Safety – Wild Animals
- Guests are advised by staff to stay within the general communal area or inside their tents if a threat of any wild dangerous animal has entered camp through the electric fence (where applicable).
- Keep tents zipped up and closed at all times.
- Smoking in any of the tents is strictly prohibited. All cigarette butts must be disposed of in the sand buckets provided. No open flames are allowed in the tents.
- An armed game ranger is present in camp 24/7.
- An electric fence is erected around the perimeter of the camp (where applicable) and has red flashing lights to indicate it is active. Electric shock will occur if the fence is touched and therefore it is strongly advised not to do so.
- Clients are advised to stay within the general lit-up areas at night and not to wander off into the dark areas around the fringes of the camps immediate vicinity.
- Guests are advised to acquaint themselves with the footpaths and general walk areas as the ground is often uneven and at night. It is beneficial for guests to make use of head torches where applicable.
- Should any guest be unsure of anything or if should they see an animal in or close to the perimeter of the camp, they should not approach the animal but should rather advise any one of the camp staff/rangers immediately.
Site Booking Policy
1. Use of Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate reservations and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent reservations. This site and the content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. ‘Deep-linking’, ’embedding’ or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
2. Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called “Providers”, assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
3. Our Rights
South African Experiences Trading (Pty) Ltd reserve the right to:
3.1 Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
3.2 Change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
3.3 We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
All the information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other than which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyse trends, and administer the Site.
5. Cookie/Tracking Technology
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
6. Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
7. Accommodation availability
All accommodation is strictly subject to availability at all times.
8. Payment and Cancellation Policies
The following payment and cancellation policy guidelines apply, but may deviate per event/ establishment and in such cases will be shown per the booking form. Please note it is advisable to protect the investment in your trip or vacation by means of travel insurance.
9. Event Camps (Pop-up)
As these camps are seasonal all reservations require a 50% deposit and the balance of payment 30 days prior to arrival. In the event of a booking being made within this 30 day period a full payment is required.
The following cancellation guidelines apply:
- Should a confirmed reservation be cancelled, the following cancellation fees will apply to the value of the accommodation booked:
- Booking cancelled after deposit paid will forfeit deposit.
- Booking cancelled after final payment is received within 30 days will forfeit full amount.
- Please take note, that bookings for which no deposit has been received remain provisional and may be cancelled without notice.
- Please take note, that bookings for which the deposit has been received, but full payment has not been received prior than 31 days of arrival may be cancelled without notice.
- 50% of total value is required to confirm booking – Non-refundable.
- 50% of total booking value is required 31 days prior to arrival – Non-refundable.
10. Travel Insurance
For your convenience contact your Bankers for details on online travel insurance and emergency accident/medical coverage.
11. Security Policy
11.1 Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128-bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site’s registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
11.2 Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
11.3 The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
11.4 Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
14. Updating of these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
I understand and hereby accept the terms and conditions. I undertake not to copy/duplicate the trademarks and designs directly or indirectly in anyway and understand the legal implications thereof. Should I be found to be in violation of this agreement I understand that I will be held liable for all legal costs incurred by South African Experiences Trading (Pty) Ltd for any civil action or any legal action deemed necessary against me.
16. Contact Details
South African Experiences Trading (Pty) Ltd – 2004/ 014548/ 07
P O Box 563, Olivedale, 2158
Contact – Allan Johnston +27 82 727 3624 or Lysta Stander +27 71 688 8201
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org